Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids go nuts for these! I saw this recipe on TV. Very simple, very good!!!
- 4 Red Delicious apples or 4 golden delicious apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups pancake mix ("complete mix" type)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Peel and core apples with apple corer.
- Slice apples into 1/4" slices forming apple rings.
- Sprinkle apple slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Mix together pancake mix, water and nutmeg.
- Add enough oil to fry pan to have at least 1" oil (a deep fryer may also be used).
- Heat oil to approx 350 degrees F on medium heat.
- Coat 3-4 apple slices in batter and fry in oil about 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove rings and place on a flat brown paper bag for draining.
- Repeat for all of the other apple rings.
- Let rings cool for about 5 minutes.
- Dust fritters with powdered sugar.
So easy, so good. I skipped the lemon juice and added some cinnamon to the batter. Yums.
Aw! Pancake mix? What a cop-out! I was so disappointed because most of the apple fritter recipes on this site sound more like patties or thick pancakes than apple fritters, which to me are rings of apple coated in batter and fried.
These are awesome! Saw it on Rachel Ray's Chanukah show and they looked so good. We made them the next day and they are wonderful! Thank you for posting this. Diane