Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from my trusty dusty old Better Homes and Gardens Cookie Cookbook that I relied upon heavily while my sons were growing up. This was one of their favorites.
- 1 cup finely diced unpared apple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- Apple Filling:.
- In a saucepan combine apple, raisins, pecans, granulated sugar and water.
- Cook and stir until thick and apple is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Oatmeal Cookies:.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Set aside about 3/4 cup of dough.
- Drop remainder from teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Make a small depression in center of each cookie.
- Top with Apple Filling and a small amount of reserved dough.
- Bake at 375^ for 10 to 12 minutes.