Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another recipe for ziplock steamer bags.
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in Medium or Large Ziploc® Brand Zip 'n Steam™ Bag.
- Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Microwave on full power for 6 minutes or until apples are fork-tender.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag and serve.
- Serve over vanilla frozen yogurt or angel food cake if desired.
Yummy! We love baked apples and this has all the flavor of a baked apple in a mere 6 minutes. Was planning to serve over frozen yogurt, but after a big dinner we just eat plain in a bowl and Loved it. This would also be good on pancakes or over ice cream. Thanks so much for the great post.
This was a great filling for crepes for dessert tonight. I can't wait to eat the leftovers for breakfast :)
I never thought something so simple could taste so great. My husband and I loved this. I can't wait to make this again for the rest of my family!