Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great flavored dip, great for company, the game, or for dessert.. This is a slow cooker recipe, but I have tried it without the cooker, and after cooking on stove top, it could be placed in bowls, or a dipping platter.
- Combine all ingredients except apple slices in a saucepan, stir until smooth, and heat until scalding, watching to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer dip to slow cooker, if needed, cook on low for 20 minutes.
- If not transferring, simmer on stovetop for 5-10 minutes.
- While the dip is warming, slice the apples and place on a serving plate.
- Serve the dip from the cooker, while turned on low to keep it creamy, or from bowls.
OK, I don't see my darn review showing up. This was absolutely the best apple dip I've ever had. The peanut butter is a big flavor, but it is so creamy and good. Perfect with Granny Smith apples. I made this for 123Hits game.
Sweet as can be, but we loved the combo of PB & apple! Made this for one of our last park-wide potlucks, & can definitely say that is gave us more than 8 servings ~ It actually served about 30 people, & there wasn't much left! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]