Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low fat and scrummy
- 2 apples, grated (pink/red)
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- Combine dates, apple juice, bi carb of soda, and honey in saucepan bring to boil then reduce temperature and simmer for 5 minutes until soft and homogeneous.
- Allow to cool.
- Sift flour into bowl and add grated apple.
- Stir through cooled date mixture- careful to not over combine or the cake will be tough and rubbery.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40minutes.