Recipe by Scarlett516
This is a recipe I worked on after having the Washington Apple Crisp pancakes from IHOP. I use a 1/2 cup ladle to pour out the batter and get five pancakes. You can freeze the leftover streusel topping.
- 4 fuji apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used Chinese Cassia)
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, scraped (I used Tahitian)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground chinese cassia cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used Chinese Cassia)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- For the apples:.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add together the apples, lemon, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- When butter is ready, add apple mixture to the pan and cook, covered, for 5-10 minutes or until caramelized in color and softened.
- Keep warm on a burner on low setting.
- For the Streusel:.
- While the apples are cooking, prepare the streusel.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl.
- Blend with fork until crumbly.
- Place 2-4 tablespoons of mixture over top of the apple compote. Simmer, uncovered on stove while cooking pancakes.
- For the Pancakes:.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg.
- Add butter and milk and whip together.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Over medium heat, in a nonstick pan that has been buttered, place 1/4 cup batter.
- Cook until edges and top look dry and slightly bubbly, turn and cook for another few minutes until golden brown.
- Place pancakes on plate, top with apple compote and streusel topping.