Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I got this recipe off the internet, but I don't remember the website.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick, divided (tm)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chunky applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Mix oats, 1/4 cup Bisquick, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into greased jelly roll pan. Spread batter to edges.
- Sprinkle oats mixture over batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 14-16 minutes or until light golden brown.
This was quite a tasty treat on a cold morning and produced just the right aroma to rouse my DH out of bed! I adjusted the amounts to make 1/2 the recipe and used a heart-shaped bundt pan instead of a regular baking dish. That meant I had to put the topping in first, then add the batter. It popped out perfectly! I also nuked a small apple to add to my non-chunky applesauce and glad I did. The only thing I'll do next time is add a little sugar or Splenda to the batter. It had a fabulously light texture, but just needed more sweetness. As all good pancakes need, we topped ours with syrup, but that's not necessary. Thanks 4-H Mom!
My family loved this. It did make a lot - I would say it serves closer to 10.