Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicate savoury soup. One hostess served this as an alternative to cocktails before her dinner, in Japanese tea cups. I ended up drinking mine, too, and me not a soup lover! You may want to make sure your medium onion is not more than your one small apple since it will overpower it.
- 2 small apples
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry or 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 cup cream
- Peel, core and finely chop one apple.
- Saute with onion and curry or saffron in butter until soft.
- Puree with a bit of the consomme.
- Pour everything in a pot and heat slowly. Do not boil.
- Slice second apple very thinly to float as garnish.