Apple Cranberry Tart with Rum Raisins
- Chop the cranberries and place them in a bowl.
- Combine the cranberries with 1/3 cup sugar and let stand one hour.
- Soak the raisins in the rum for 30 minutes.
- Chop the lemon peel and almonds and combine with 2/3 cup sugar.
- Slice the apples.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon peel mixture, flour, cornstarch and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Add the apples, cranberries, raisins, rum, and lemon juice.
- Fill the prepared pie shells and top with a lattice crust.
- Combine the egg and milk and brush over the crust.
- Combine 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle over the crust.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes.