Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Williams Sonoma. This became an instant family favorite and is now a tradition at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Sort the cranberries, discarding all the soft ones and removing all stems. Peel and core apple, then dice into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, partially covered, about 15-20 minutes. The sauce should have thickened, the apple tender and the cranberries burst.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool before serving.
- This may be stored in refrigerator but should be room temperature to serve.