Recipe by Nickeletta
Recipe from Williams Sonoma. This became an instant family favorite and is now a tradition at Thanksgiving dinner.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very good combination. I love cranberry sauce and always stack up on cranberries in November/December to be able to enjoy it all year round. The only thing I would change in this recipe is a little less water, maybe just one cup.
Thanks for posting.
Made for P-A-R-T-Y, December 2011.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort the cranberries, discarding all the soft ones and removing all stems. Peel and core apple, then dice into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, partially covered, about 15-20 minutes. The sauce should have thickened, the apple tender and the cranberries burst.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool before serving.
- This may be stored in refrigerator but should be room temperature to serve.