Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine. It is worth the effort!
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 apples (Golden Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Mix flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, baking powder and baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Place in Fridge for 125 minutes.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into small wedges.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
- Place 3Tbsp butter in a skiller. Add apples and sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Cook until sugar mixture is syrupy (approximately 3 minutes).
- Place apples in bottom of a round cake pan.
- Pour any remaining syrup over apples.
- Spoon batter over.
- Bake 20-30 mins at 350.
- Serve with Msple syrup.
A really great recipe-Turned out better than i first expected. Thanks.