Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Glögi may have started out as mulled wine, but has since turned into more general name for hot and spicy winter drinks - here's one made with apple juice and whiskey! Cooking time reflects the time that the mixture needs to stand. Adapted from Maku magazine.
- Combine apple juice, cider, vanilla bean and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand for a few hours.
- Remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Add whiskey, and reheat (do not boil).
- Add raisins and blanched almonds to each glass and pour the hot drink into the glasses. Serve immediately.