1/1 Photo of Apple Cider Pie
Made this for a bake sale, they got $6.00 for it!! Hope the buyer liked it, have no idea what it tastes like! but it sounds good. Will try it on the family at next family dinner and let you know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup apple cider or 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 store bought or homemade pie crusts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 cups thinly sliced, peeled tart cooking apples
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a small saucepan, stir together the apple cider, dates, cornstarch, ginger, and the lemon rind.
- 3Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Line a 9 inch pie plate with one of the pie crusts.
- 7Trim crust even with edge of pie plate.
- 8In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour.
- 9Add the apples, toss until apples are coated.
- 10Spoon the apple mixture into crust.
- 11Spoon the cider mixture over apple mixture.
- 12Cut slits in the remaining pie crust, place on top of cider mixture.
- 13Trim top crust to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- 14Fold top crust under bottom crust and crimp edge.
- 15Sprinkle with a little additional sugar.
- 16Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- 17If the edge of the crust seems to be browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- 18Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cider Pie
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g