Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Ladie's Home Journal recipe. Time does not include refrigeration.
Make and share this Apple Cider Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- red sanding sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves; set aside.
- Using electric mixer,.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2min. Add egg, vanilla, and apple butter; mix until just combined. Stir in the flour mixture in two batches, beating after each addition at low speed until just incorporated. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Form chilled dough into 2-tbsp-size balls, then roll in red sanding sugar to coat.
- Place balls on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. bake 10 to 12 min until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.