Recipe by KelBel
A simple yet satisfying appetizer. Use horseradish cheddar if you can find it for a nice zip. From Cabotcheese.com.
Top Review by Bromin77
This was a great recipe, although I did take some liberties with the ingredients and preparation. I actually sauteed my apples in a tablespoon of butter and added salt to taste. Then I used a sharp english cheddar as a base and a topper. The family loved it!!!
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 2 tart apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Slice baguette into 24 slices on an angle. Arrange bread on baking sheet and toast lightly on both sides under broiler.
- Remove from broiler and place about two apple slices on each toast.
- Mound cheese on top. Press walnut pieces into cheese.
- Return to broiler until cheese and walnuts are lightly colored.