Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Aunt made this cake & we loved it. Adding to site for safekeeping.
Make and share this Apple Cake to Flip over (Aunt Becky's Recipe) recipe from Food.com.
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees * melt butter, set aside to cool.
- * peel core & cut apples, like you would for an apple pie.
- * Combine apples, 1 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, coat apples.
- * arrange the apples in a greased, 8 or 9 inch baking dish, or a pie dish. I like to put in a pie dish & arrange the apples in circles so it looks fancy.
- * In a new bowl, add remaining sugar, flour, and baking powder. mix to combine.
- * add in slightly beaten egg and butter to flour mix.
- * mix just until combined. Do Not overmix.
- * batter will be stiff, carefully spread batter over apples.
- * Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minute
- * cool pan on wire rack 15 minute.
- * loosen cake with a knife on all 4 sides, flip cake onto a cake plate replace any loose apples.
- * Serve warm or room temperature.
- * enjoy!