Prep 45 mins
Cook 13 hrs
Slow cooker Apple Butter that my family and my wife's family enjoy. Takes a bit of time but the flavor is well worth it.
- 3 Red Delicious apples
- 5 granny smith apples
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel and core apples.
- Roughly chop apples into"Bite-Sized" pieces.
- Fill slow cooker with apples, sugar, cinnamon,clove and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn to low and simmer 12 hours, opr until thick and a dark golden brown in color.
- Fill home canning jars with hot Apple Butter mix to within 3/4 inch of top, place lids on and tighten bands to finger tight.
- Water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from canner, tighten bands and let come to room temperature.
- Enjoy for up to one year.
- 2-3 weeks in the fridge after openning.