Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Apple Butter-Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 314.66 ml apple butter
- 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 14.79-29.58 ml warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars, beating until combined.
- Beat in eggs, apple butter, and milk.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan; cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Make icing--in a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in enough warm water to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle Vanilla Icing over cake; cool completely.