Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy apple butter/peanut butter cookies.
Make and share this Apple Butter-Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup apple butter, preferably without sugar
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (if peanut butter has no salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Prepare cookie sheet with oil.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat apple butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- Stir together in a medium bowl powdered milk, flour, salt, cinnamon and raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to apple butter mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork dipped in ice water, making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes Cool.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve cold.
- These freeze well.
I totally loved these!! My mom did too. I'm vegan so I subbed soy flour for the powdered milk. It worked beautifully- they tasted like a cross between peanut and soynut butter. Also used golden raisens. Wil be making the full batch next time!
These were very good. But they just didn't taste as good as I had hoped. They were a little too "healthy" tasting for my palate. The texture of them is divine though. Soft and chewy! Thanks for submitting!