Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my notebook of apple recipes.
Make and share this Apple Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup apple butter.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
- Turn into 2 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool throughly.
- Spread bottom layer of cake with 1/4 cup apple butter.
- Top with frosting.
- Cover with top cake layer.
- Frost top and sides with any marshmallow frosting.
- Swirl remaining apple butter on top for a marbled effect.