Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Posted in response to a request. From a Betty Crocker book. I have not tried this.
Make and share this Apple Butter (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in bread pan. Set to jam cycle and start.
- After cycle is finished, pour into containers and refrigerate.
First, easiest apple butter ever. Second, it tastes marvelous. Third, it doesn't make 8 quarts! You get a very usable amount of excellent apple butter. Started with unsweetened apple sauce and I used Splenda and a half amount of Splenda Brown and cooked it longer to get the consistency I wanted. I went with apple pie spice and it came out perfectly great. This will be made again before Christmas. :D
I also used unsweetened apple sauce. I used splenda for the sugar. But kept the brown sugar. I used only cinnamon so just a little bit more. This is so yummy. Thanks duonyte :) Made for PRMR tag game
A simple recipe that turned out great. I used unsweetened applesauce; otherwise, it may have been too sweet for my family's tastes. I will make this again.