Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped apple, peeled
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt; stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
The flavor was like carmel. These were very cakey. Only one out of 7 children liked these.
Quite yummy! I've made these a few times, and always have to bake these about 60 minutes, but boy are they easy, and delicious! Thanks for a great keeper recipe!
These were terrific! They baked up just like a chocolate brownie - moist and chewy on the inside, with a thin slightly crispy layer on the top. The apple flavor was yummy and they made a delicious holiday treat!