Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from the 50+ Friends Cookbook website. I can't wait to try it. I saw an alternate idea that used cinnamon rolls instead of bread cubes. That would be a great option to try as well.
- 4 cups small bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 cups cooking apples, peeled, chopped
- Mix bread cubes with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Arrange in alternate layers with apples in crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 11/2 to 21/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with cream, hard sauce or ice cream.