Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. I hate to throw anything out, so when fruit gets over ripe, I make breads. This is really good for breakfast. Adding cinnamon and raisins to the batter would be good too. Make sure you mix everything together well.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml milk (soy works)
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts or 177.44 ml pecans
- 591.47 ml coarsely chopped unpeeled apples
- Cream together butter and honey.
- Add eggs, then flour, salt, baking powder and milk.
- Add nuts and apples last. Pour into an oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.