Recipe by Jen in Victoria, BC
Found this on tasteofbbq.com. Delicious BBQ sauce that's fruity and spicy. Excellent used as a marinade for pork overnight.
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Reduce heat and set aside to cool.
- When cool, place in a tight fitting jar and refrigerate until you're ready to use it.