Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Like a gleaming necklace of rubies, this is a perfect garnish for poultry or roasts. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoons red hots red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, cut into balls with melon baller
- Make a syrup of sugar and water; add lemon rind, cloves and cinnamon drops.
- Cook for several minutes; remove lemon rind and cloves.
- Drop in apple balls.
- Cook until just barely tender, drain well and garnish your serving platter.