southern chef in louisiana's Note:
The mix of the cranberry and apples makes this chicken breast out of this world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled chopped granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- 2Sauté chopped apple in reserved drippings over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon, 1/4 cup cranberries, and next 3 ingredients.
- 3Cut a 3 1/2-inch-long horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast, cutting to, but not through, other side, forming a pocket. Stuff apple mixture evenly into each pocket. Wipe skillet clean.
- 4Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- 5Add remaining 1/4 cup cranberries, apple juice, apple brandy, and salt to skillet. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; stir into juice mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken, and sprinkle with pecans and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 382.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: