Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The mix of the cranberry and apples makes this chicken breast out of this world.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peeled chopped granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Sauté chopped apple in reserved drippings over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon, 1/4 cup cranberries, and next 3 ingredients.
- Cut a 3 1/2-inch-long horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast, cutting to, but not through, other side, forming a pocket. Stuff apple mixture evenly into each pocket. Wipe skillet clean.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cranberries, apple juice, apple brandy, and salt to skillet. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; stir into juice mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken, and sprinkle with pecans and parsley.
This was one of the BEST chicken dinners I've ever had - and I can't believe it didn't come from a restaurant! Amazing, can't say enough yummy things about it. Thank you!
OUTSTANDING ~ A REALLY GREAT CHICKEN DINNER! I really liked the sauce & would probably double it another time! I did use the apple brandy & found it added a nice flavor! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed, believe it or not, as part of my theme, "This Little Piggy..." in the current Comfort Cafe]