Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from TOH.
Make and share this Apple and Peanuts Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups apples, tart, cube
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup mixed nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combined apple, celery, grapes, and marshmallows.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat evaporated milk until frothy.
- Add sugar and vanilla to evaporated milk.
- Beat in mayonnaise and peanut butter.
- Pour over apple mixture; stir in mixed nuts, if desired.
This is a very different salad. Me and my son liked it. I used black grapes. I didn't add sugar. I used the peanuts and it was great. Thanks WiGal :) Made for PRMR tag game
This is very different and very good. Made with Granny Smith apples, think next time I will use a little sweeter apple as the Granny Smith was just a smidgen too tart. Loved the combo of fruit, nuts, and marshmallows. Will defiantly make aging.
This fruit salad is so unusual and really good! It's got a nice mixture of textures and flavors. I found the dressing to be very rich and may cut down on that next time I make this. Thanks for sharing this fruity treat! Made for the Best of 2008 event