- 450 g cooking apples
- 4 tablespoons thick cut orange marmalade
- 7 -8 slices brown bread or 7 -8 slices white bread, buttered
- 75 g raisins or 75 g sultanas, divided
- 75 g demerara sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 450 ml milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half the apples in a buttered shallow dish.
- Spread marmalade on buttered bread; use half to cover the apples.
- Sprinkle with half the raisins/sultanas and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk together; pour into dish.
- Let stand for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for about one hour or until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with cream custard.