Classic bread pudding with the addition of marmalade.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 350. Using a pastry brush, coat the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with 1 tbsp of the softened butter. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the remaining 4 tbsp of butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the flour mixture, orange peel, vanilla, milk and water and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Stirring constantly, melt the marmalade over low heat in a small pan; then pour it into the loaf pan. Pour in the batter, and bake in the middle of the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the pudding in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife along the outside edge of the pan and invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION