Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great for breakfast! I usually make it to use up leftover rice and veggies. You can also add chicken for a filling and easy dinner or side dish.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon cooking spray
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked rice (I always make this from leftovers)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I use Braggs all purpose seasoning. It's less salty than pure soy, and comes in a spray bottle - mir)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Cook veggies in oil or spray in non-stick frying pan (or wok).
- Add rice, and stir-fry a couple of minutes.
- Add soy sauce or Braggs seasoning to taste.
- Push everything to the side of the pan, and, tilting pan, cook eggs separately, combining when mostly cooked.
- Season with pepper.
This was pretty good, although I altered the recipe with what I had on hand. I omitted the mushrooms and broccoli and used thin slices of red and green bell pepers. I also added some leftover sesame chicken I made the night before, sliced up small and blended with the rice. The cooking method was still the same, and I thought the texture came out great! My husband even liked it, and he is not a rice fan! So thanks for sharing Pippy!