Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can use any kind of (sweet) liquid to make these - fruit juice, iced tea (or other infusion)... even a smoothie; for a more grown up taste, try some liqueur or coffee. They work up really quickly, are dense and chewy, and are vegan.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup liquid, any
- Cream margarine and vanilla with sugar.
- Mix salt and baking powder with flour.
- Incorporate into margarine mixture, alternating with the liquid. If they are too dry, add a little bit of liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet; flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until bottoms are nice and golden.
Saw this recipe this morning and had to try it right away. I followed recipe exactly (w/ margarine and hazelnut coffee) and it is delicious. But I question the 1" balls and getting 18. I had 28, and only baked them for 20 min. I will be making them again, experimenting w/different liquids and flavors, but they are a very nice not-too-sweet cookie and easy and quick to male! My kind of cookie!