Recipe by Tmisen2980
This is not like any of the other one's on the site. I have no idea where the "recipe" came from, I Just know it is the only one that is made for holiday gatherings at our house. I have given this to several people over the years and everyone loves it. I am providing the small version of this recipe as when I make it I double it.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was very good. I used my frozen green beans that I put up last year, cooked them for about 5 minutes. I melted the cheese and cream of mushroom soup in a separate pan, then added it to the green beans and onion mixture. I left out the French-fried onions for personal preference (we don't like them) and added some crumbled bacon on top. It turned out really well. Love the flavor of the cheese and mushroom soup. thanks.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans (not drained)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2-1 lb Velveeta cheese (depends on how much cheese you like)
- French-fried onions
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the green beans and onion in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then lower temperature and simmer until about half of the liquid has evaporated.
- To the saucepan with the beans and liquid add the mushroom soup, cheese (start with 1/2 lb and add more later if it is not cheesy enough), salt and pepper.
- Continue to simmer on low until the cheese melts.
- After the cheese melts taste to see if it needs more cheese if so add now, if not pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and cover and bake on 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover and sprinkle french fried onions on top and place back in oven and bake until browned (about 5 minutes or so).
- Let stand about 3 minutes before serving.