Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a great concoction for those who like their oats sweet and milky way candy bars.
- Take a microwave safe container and lid.
- Place your oats and water together and mix well.
- Place the mini milky way bar or even a reese's peanut butter cup in the middle. The candy treat can vary on your candy bar preference but try to keep the size about the same as a mini of the given brand.
- Place the container's lid on, just setting over the ready to heat mix.
- Now heat for 45 seconds and then check on it.
- Stir the heated ingredients very thoroughly until all is evenly spread throughout the oats and they've changed color.
- You can either heat it longer, chill it in the freezer, or eat when it is cooled enough not to burn your mouth.
I used part of a Reese's Whipps bar (similar to a Milky Way but P.B. flavored) and half water & half skim milk. Microwaved for 45 seconds and it didn't look done so did another 30 seconds which was just right. I don't eat a lot of oatmeal by itself as I find it bland so this was certainly an improvement with the candy bar, but not necessarily something I'll make again. Thanks for a new recipe experience though!
YUMMM!! I also like miniature reese's cups :)