Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are for people who really like a strong ginger flavor. I make these every Christmas season.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ginger (the spice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Mix everything and chill the dough until it's easy to handle.
- Roll into 1" balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
I just had one of these warm out of the oven - gorgeous smell and gorgeous colour and very yummy and moreish indeed.