Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My mother made this when we were growing up and I always requested it for my birthday dinner. The chicken comes out so tender and juicy - yum. The sauce is wonderful over rice, but would be good over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Thanks, Mom!!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts (you can pretty much use what you like, we like legs and breasts, but anything will work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Plake chicken in a dutch oven.
- Mix other ingrededients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken parts.
- Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.