Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The kids gobbled this up and I didn't get to try it! I guess that means it was pretty good. It's from The Treasury of White Trash Cooking.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (2 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat chocolate and butter in the microwave on high and check and stir it every 30 seconds until it's melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In another bowl, mix flour and sugar.
- Beat eggs and combine with flour and sugar.
- Combine with chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased pie pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice it up and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a very rich dessert with the chocolate but not overly sweet which is nice. It does taste really good with a topping of ice cream and plain (we tried both to make sure - haha). So simple to throw together and baked perfectly in 20 minutes. Tagged in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Apr08
Made this last night because DH was about to tear the kitchen apart looking for something sweet to eat. When I took it out of the oven, one of my DD took a good size slice to Dad and a smaller slice to her sister. Next thing I know DH came out with his plate and had another good size slice. A little later I went into the kitchen and there was just a tiny sliver left. DH had eaten almost the entire thing! I told him he didn't leave enough to share with our two youngest (who were already in bed) and he said "Oh good, I guess that means you will have to make it again tomorrow night, because that was really good!".