Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom's recipe and our Families favorite dressing recipe we serve every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 8 (6 ounce) packages cornbread mix (NOT SWEET Cornbread)
- 12 cups turkey broth
- 1 large aluminum foil, pan
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 5⁄8 ounce poultry seasoning (small jar)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- Mix and bake corn bread ahead of time according to package directions.
- Crumble the cornbread into the large aluminum foil pan.
- Get your broth from the Turkey about 12-14 cups including lots of cooked celery and onions and pour into the cornbread mixture until wet and sloppy.
- Add all the seasonings and mix altogether very well.
- Melt butter and pour on top.
- Add 2-3 eggs for a firmer dressing. I add three to mine.
- Cook on 350 for about 35 minutes to one hour; depending on how moist you want to keep it.
This is a wonderful, basic, southern cornbread stuffing recipe. I make this all the time and love it! Thanks for sharing.