Recipe by Tryntje
If you love the taste of aniseed or star aniseed, as it is sometimes refered to, you will love this. Simple and easy to make
- beet, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover unpeeled beetroot with water, and cook until tender.
- Peel, cool and then dice.
- Mix together thoroughly the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion and crushed aniseed.
- Mix in beets gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad improves in flavour when kept several hours or days in the fridge.