I got this cookie recipe from a good friend. It's important to use anise oil, not anise extract.
Make and share this Anise Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together Crisco, sugar, eggs and anise oil.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. (Dough will be very soft).
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- I like to frost them with a French vanilla or buttercream frosting. If I am using frosting from a can, I frost them when ready to eat. At Christmas, I use red or green frosting.