Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love the pot roast because it falls apart in your mouth. It has a slight sweetness but not too much. My friends husband hates sweet dinners but really liked this pot roast. Try this recipe at least once, I promise you'll like it!
- 1 pot roast (You can use the rump roast or any other type of roast)
- 16 ounces Coke (I use Barqs Root Beer. This has been my favorite)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeof lipton dry onion soup mix
- Mix Together soda and onion soup mix.
- Pour half mixture into crock pot.
- Place Roast in crock pot and pour rest of soda mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
- Serves well With Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Green Beans.
The meat submerged in liquid was tender but the meat above was dry. There was no taste, not even from the oven soup. When my husband came home he asked why he didn't smell pot roast, he loves the smell of it cooking when he comes in. This one didn't have that yummy smell. We added garlic and brown gravy mix right before serving since neither of us were impressed with the flavor as written.
Simple, easy and we thought this was delicious. Used ~3 lb. rump roast and Classic Coke, cooked on LOW for 6 hours in my cooker. Fork tender meat, plenty of yummy sauce. Served with mashed potatoes. Dynamite meal with very little effort. Thanks.
The pot roast was everything you promised it would be Litl Irish Angel. Tender, juicy and oh so flavorful. Made exactly as written using Roast Garlic Onion soup and coke a cola. It worked beautifully, cooked in the crock pot for 5 hours on high, it was perfection. The first night I served it with mashed potatoes, corn nibblets and gravy, the next night I dressed it up with caramelized red onions and cheese sauce, for a wonderful sandwich. Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to try it with the root beer. Made for Fall Pac/12