Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The other night my 7 year old Emma wanted to "cook" dinner by herself. I thought for a minute, and decided yes with appropriate supervision, of course. The easiest recipe I know is also pretty darn frugal. Just use whatever meat, cheese and dressing you have on hand! And yes, Emma made the entire thing, except for putting it in the oven. The Italian Loaf was good, but her self esteem is priceless! (The preparation time noted is when I do it. Children will take much longer!)
- 2 (12 ounce) cansrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (12 ounce) package pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 12 slices thinly sliced provolone cheese
- Unroll store bought dough onto 2 pre-greased pans or make your own pizza dough and place on greased pans.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning over each dough.
- Smear 4 tablespoons dressing on each dough.
- Lay 6 slices of Provolone cheese on each dough.
- Top with pepperoni to cover.
- Add 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each dough.
- Roll into a log, patting ends down securely.
- Top with remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until top of loaf is browned.
- Slice & serve!