The other night my 7 year old Emma wanted to "cook" dinner by herself. I thought for a minute, and decided yes with appropriate supervision, of course. The easiest recipe I know is also pretty darn frugal. Just use whatever meat, cheese and dressing you have on hand! And yes, Emma made the entire thing, except for putting it in the oven. The Italian Loaf was good, but her self esteem is priceless! (The preparation time noted is when I do it. Children will take much longer!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unroll store bought dough onto 2 pre-greased pans or make your own pizza dough and place on greased pans.
- 2Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning over each dough.
- 3Smear 4 tablespoons dressing on each dough.
- 4Lay 6 slices of Provolone cheese on each dough.
- 5Top with pepperoni to cover.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each dough.
- 7Roll into a log, patting ends down securely.
- 8Top with remaining teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until top of loaf is browned.
- 10Slice & serve!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angie's Stuffed Italian Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.0
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 1300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: