Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I started making these to get dairy into my son who still will not drink milk! They are so nice with either maple syrup or cinnamon sugar......and really easy to make! Makes around 8 good sized pancakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 free range eggs
- Sift both flours in a bowl, add sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix wet into dry ingredients til well combined.
- Heat non stick pan and spray a little oil on base. Pour some mixture in pan, when small bubbles appear flip over.
- Spread with butter and either maple syrup or cinnamon sugar.
When making these pancakes, I cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us & had 'em for breakfast along with a smaller-than-usual smoothie! I other half thought them a little sweeter than was liked, & I enjoyed them! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]