Recipe by grandma2969
not sure about this..but found a vintage recipe pamphlet from the Angelus marshmallow company which was published by the Cracker Jack company...not sure of the date...it is really old...this recipe sounds different
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg until light, add the sugar and salt and then stir in the scalded milk.
- cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens --
- remove at once from the fire and pour into a serving dish.to cool.
- make a small cavity in each marshmallow.
- fill with any bright colored jelly and place on top of the pudding.
- Heat in a 325* oven until the marshmallows are puffy --
- then chil before serving --
- what do you think -- worth trying?