Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
not sure about this..but found a vintage recipe pamphlet from the Angelus marshmallow company which was published by the Cracker Jack company...not sure of the date...it is really old...this recipe sounds different
- Beat the egg until light, add the sugar and salt and then stir in the scalded milk.
- cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens --
- remove at once from the fire and pour into a serving dish.to cool.
- make a small cavity in each marshmallow.
- fill with any bright colored jelly and place on top of the pudding.
- Heat in a 325* oven until the marshmallows are puffy --
- then chil before serving --
- what do you think -- worth trying?