Recipe by Angelcook
Diabetic friendly!!! These came from American Diabetes Association little cookbook. Just follow the receipe and you will have 20 little nuggets of heaven! ! Best part is you can fill with YOUR favorite (no sugar) jam, jelly, preserves...you get the picture. Enjoy!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam (or, your choice) or 1⁄2 cup apricot fruit spread (or, your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar, margarine,egg white and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until blended.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Press mixture together to form a ball.
- Refrigerate 1/2 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly coat cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls with lightly floured hands; place on cookie sheet.
- Press down with thumb in center of each ball.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Fill each thumbprint with about 1 teaspoon fruit spread.