Recipe by Angelcook
There are several other black bean recipes here. This one is mine and like one contributor said, "feel free to add what you like". As I was "inventing" this there were several variations I already came up with (my husband said to leave it alone, it was great like it was) so I will leave that to y'all. The stew meat has to be cooked just to medium at first, let it still be a little pink; otherwise it turns out tough and do cut it into smaller pieces. The wheat tortillas add a new flavor and of course are better for us. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Angelcook
- 8 ounces chunked stew meat (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil (for frying)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 5 tablespoons Pace Picante Sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, blend grated
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 2 teaspoons olive oil in medium skillet.
- cut stew meat into smaller pieces.
- fry cut up stew meat, just 'till almost done; still showing pink.
- remove to paper plate to hold for a few minutes.
- a teaspoon more olive oil into pan to fry onion until soft.
- turn flame to low.
- add black beans, green chilies and piquante sauvce.
- blend gently with spatula.
- cook on low for just 10 minutes, turn off heat.
- plate 2 tortillas, heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- remove and place 1 heaping teaspoon of sour cream down center of tortilla.
- scoop 1/4 cup from skillet and follow sour cream down center.
- top with cheese, fold over or fold like burrito.
- serve with rice or quacamole and corn chips.