Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the veg. soc 2006 "saints" christmas menu
- 300 g trimmed leeks, finely sliced
- 200 ml light vegetable stock
- 200 g trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the leeks in a large saucepan and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes before adding the sprouts.
- Stir, replace the cover and simmer again for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Drain then season and stir in the lemon juice, just before serving.