Recipe by grandma2969
Have not tried this..but it is on my to do list...put it here for safekeeping...
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs till foamy -- add 1 cup sugar at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla.continue beating til mixture holds soft peaks.
- Mix cracker crumbs and 1 cup pecans.
- Fold into meringue mixture a little at a time --
- Spoon mixture into an 8" pie plate to form a shell --
- Pull up mixture into peaks around the edge of the plate with the back of a spoon.
- Spread evenly --
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly on wire cake rack --
- Mix cream, 2 tbls sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and almond flavoring.gently spread cream mixture over pie and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans around edge of cream.