Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from Womans World diet club. It can be made with any kind of pasta, we just happen to prefer angel hair. This is a real tasty, healthy dish. Hope you enjoy.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat eggplant, tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine and red pepper to boiling in skillet; reduce haat to low; simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Serve eggplant sauce over pasta.
What a quick and easy recipe for one of those "I'm too tired to cook" nights! We substituted whole-wheat linguine for the angel hair (which one can't get in whole-wheat or whole-grain form in our neck of the woods), but other than that followed the recipe to a tee. Topped with a little Parmesan, it made for a delightful and healthy meal, remarkably satisfying. Thanks for posting it!
This was good. We ate it all! Of course 1 child wouldn't eat it so the other ate hers for her! I might do the sauce a bit differently but this works. And it's FAST!!!! I had dinner on the table in about 20 minutes!! Thank you!