Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very Light and very simple as a side.
- 1⁄4 lb angel hair pasta or 1⁄4 lb capellini
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted golden
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil for pasta.
- In a small saucepan cook garlic in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened and transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add pine nuts, crushing them lightly with the back of a fork, lemon juice, zest, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente and, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water, drain well.
- Add pasta with the reserved cooking water to bowl and toss with lemon mixture until it is absorbed.
- Serve pasta warm or at room temperature.
This is delicious Bev. Great combination of flavours. I loved the citrus flavour. I added some extra garlic and next time I will add a sliced grilled chicken breast. Thanks for another great one Bev.
Mmmmmm Very fresh taste Bev!! Lemon and garlic together, two of our favourite flavours. And the pine nuts finished it with a nice crunch, we enjoyed this very much for lunch with sliced marinated tomatoes. Will add this to my hard copy. Thanks for sharing.
Just finished eating this pasta dish for dinner. Wow! As Derf mentioned in the last review (Fresh Taste) I think is the keynote here. Chicken added, would be a nice addition. Garlic and lemon really are great together, the lemon zest adds just the right amount of zing. This recipe is so simple that I pretty much just winged it, and did not follow the exact measurements but it still turned out great. A great combo with this dish is a fresh salad with ginger salad dressing which you can find the recipe for else where on this site. Delicious!!!